To access the NARSA strain repository and scientific information, you must register with the NARSA program. Please read these instructions carefully.
To register with the NARSA program, you must be a Principal Investigator, Laboratory Director, or equivalent (public or academic institution), or a Director of Research or equivalent (private or for-profit institution).
There is no charge for isolates; however, all requestors (except NARSA, NIAID funded "Core Investigators") are required to pay all shipping costs by establishing an account with an overnight shipping company and providing their account number to the NARSA program. The NARSA program will not bill requestors for shipping charges; you must provide an account number so that your shipping company can bill you. Your carrier must be able to ship packages containing dry ice and biohazardous materials, if applicable. Isolates will not be shipped collect.
· Download the NARSA Registration Form to your computer and print it.
· Registrants must submit the documents outlined below. Registration documents must contain original, ink signatures. The NARSA Program cannot accept registration forms by FAX.
1) Registration Form (pages 1 - 4). Provide the required information and initial where indicated. The form must be signed by the registrant and countersigned by an official capable of legally binding the institution (e.g., president, vice-president, dean, or provost).
2) Biographical Sketch (pages 5 - 6). Complete the enclosed Biographical Sketch form or attach a brief curriculum vitae. A Biographical Sketch from a recent NIH grant proposal may be submitted instead.
3) Indemnification Form (pages 7 - 8). If you are not a United States Government employee, you must complete either the Standard Indemnification Agreement or the State Institution Compliance Agreement provided with the registration form, as appropriate for your institution.
your completed registration forms with original signatures to:
ØYour registration Form will be reviewed by the NARSA Scientific Working Group an advisory board established to approve registrants and provide program oversight and guidance. Once approved, you will be notified of your username and password for access to the repository database and other scientific information located on the NARSA website.